View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 12:55 AM   #67
No-Mo-Shun

Cool LSP Boating Adventures

When I was a little kid at LSP in the 40's, I was fishing in a rowboat with my uncle. It was either Allen Matthews or Kenny Foster; I can't remember which, but we were fishing off of Morrills's Beach about a 1/4 mile out. I had a line out on a bobber and along comes Chet Fox in his 12 foot runabout and he snagged my pole and dragged it over the side and it went to the bottom. Chet was very sorry and after a little preparation, he dove to the bottom and retrieved the pole for me. Chet and his sister, Marilyn lived on old Rt.11 and they would often come to the pavilion in the evening. I remember another instance that occured in the same area. Once again we were fishing and my uncle pushed down on my shoulders to force me to the bottom of the boat. Just then, a power boat goes by on one side of us while the skiier passes by on the other side with the tow rope passing over our heads. We got an apology later on for that one when they realised how dumb that was.

Billy B.

There is Nothing, Absolutely Nothing, Half So Much Worth Doing as Simply Messing About in Boats
Kenneth Grahame
No-Mo-Shun is offline   Reply With Quote