Thread: Surveyor
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 03:13 PM   #24
tummyman

Lots to consider. First, most surveyors are two people, so he will have wages to pay. Also the equipment is very costly, so that is part of the bill. From my understanding, the surveyors control the market by limiting the people who they take under their wings for apprentice work. I heard you cannot become a surveyor until you spend time working with one. As they limit the number of new folks, delays in building booms will hamper timelines. Plus some older ones retire.

I would try and see what the added cost would be for some simple elevation readings. After all, everything they do on site is loaded into computer programs, so the old style "drafting" work at a table is reduced a lot. He is already on site, so maybe he could do it for a total price of $6000. If you ahve his time blocked out, I would just bite the bullet and do it, unless you want to start elsewhere and get pushed out a year or more. Remember, this is a sellers market for almost everything. If you want it and NEED it, it will cost a premium as the demand far outweighs the supply due to their market control. They know it and have no issue with charging big bucks and can always move on to the next phone call.
tummyman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tummyman For This Useful Post: