Thread: Surveyor
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 12:38 PM   #19
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Fan View Post
Hard to say how long that job would take without knowing the scope of the project and the lot conditions. A couple of days in the field would most likely be enough for the boundary and topographic (elevation changes) surveys, but there is also research, drafting, etc. that needs to be done, plus maybe another day to set pins and the property line stakes they are proposing after the initial field work is complete. The fact that he's in southern NH adds travel time and expenses to his fee.

I would clarify the deliverables with the surveyor to make sure you're getting all you need.

I have heard of surveyors in the Lakes Region telling potential clients that they were not taking on any new work, and were talking about backlogs of a year. I've been through several development booms in my career but have never seen a market like this. Maybe I should get a NH license and put the boots back on...

Best of luck with the project.
I have never seen anything like this either. Probably the late sixties/early seventies is the closest comparison for the lakes region. There was an amazing amount of building back then, too. I agree with your comment about the surveyors in the Lakes Region not taking on any new work. There is clearly an imbalance in the market.

What do folks for the need for an elevation survey on a sloped lot? It seems like this is the most important part of the whole thing. Am I wrong?

Thanks,

Last edited by secondcurve; 02-06-2022 at 01:45 PM.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote