Thread: Surveyor
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 08:15 AM   #12
Lake Fan

Like everything else, labor costs are up, equipment costs are up, fuel prices are up, insurance costs are up. Your price might have been lower a couple years ago, but so was the price for your lot. Also, some parcels, regardless of size, can be more difficult to survey. Surveyors are also flat out these days with long backlogs and anxious clients.

Just out of curiosity, what was included in the cost? Boundary survey, topographic survey, wetlands, site plan, etc? Each additional service adds to the cost.

Just my .02 after some 40 years in the profession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
Hi:

Today I got a $5,400 quote to survey my roughly 1.75 acre lot. I was shocked. The lot is sloped and wooded so there will be a bit of work involved but this quote seems insane. Then again, I called many of the folks that were recommended by above and basically none of them called me back. I ran into the surveyor who gave me my quote last October when he was surveying a lot in my development. He delivered the proposal when he promised but I feel like I’m being screwed. What are folks seeing out there?

Thanks
Lake Fan is offline   Reply With Quote