View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 06:27 PM   #28
Donzi Minx

Smile Captain Jack Ass

I was at the lake yesterday, beautiful, a little breezy, lots of boat chop but crazy traffic! I will generate some engine hours in spite of the month of July.
Somehow I learned (at around 16 years of age) the respect and skillset it took to operate the family's 1950 Chris Craft Sportsman. Mastered docking that beauty when Goodue's was were MP now sits. I still like the feel of inboard control better over the outdrive drift and correct. Yes the throttle in the center of the steering wheel was hazardous. my father took out the flag pole on our dock when his sleeve got entangled by it. Being an Idlewild Camper himself, he still managed to do some serious damage to the skeg, prop, and rudder when he hit some rocks around Cow. I learned quickly myself over the graveyard. Every day is a learning experience on the Lake.

I Cruised by WA sandbar, over to Winter Harbor, then over to the sand bar at Paugus Bay. So I might have missed what the original poster observed. I settled on Ellacoya as there were only two other boats anchored into the wind.
Immersed in the magic waters of the lake, my mother used to describe it as
"velvetine". Ah Winni!
Donzi Minx is offline   Reply With Quote