View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 10:12 AM   #54
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
So ....... what the heck should I do with myself and my inner white noise, "tinnitus" problem? What ......o-what ...... do I do, do, do?

This is a totally serious question and excuse me for being a little blunt here.

I was able to get an appointment on June 23 at the Mass Eye & Ear Infirmary at the Newton Wellesley Hospital to see both an E.N.T. doctor and an audiologist.
June 23 is about twelve days away and I do not want to co-exist with this white noise, hissing problem and do nothing about it between now and June 23. Is possible I will not get any good results even at the MEEI on June 23, you know.

My recent MRI-exam from Speare Hospital Radiology was examined by the radiologist and it showed no problem, I was told by a nurse on the phone, without going into any details. It gave me a clean, healthy report.

I am like a very healthy 69-year old, capable to walk three fast miles around the town and through the forest, and then swim about 200-yards of 65-degree pond water with a foam noodle-swim belt doing the breast stroke or side stroke, here in Waterville Valley. I just have this unbelievable "tinnitus" problem and am not getting the care I want to get ... hut-hut-hut! I actually like to do this as a way to escape the tinnitus white noise issue because walking and swimming sort of make the problem, go away, during the activity.

So, what I could do is to take myself, tomorrow-Friday, June 11, to either the Speare Hospital, Plymouth or Concord Hospital in Laconia ....... Emergency Room ...... in an effort to get some better care.

For the record I've received both shots of the Pfizer covid-19 vaccination.

I actually have pretty good health insurance, Medicare and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield plus substantial financial resources ...... and, as the saying goes, one cannot take it with you .....so's I definitely want to get after this health issue ..... asap-pdq.

Am thinking the hospital in Laconia has an Otolaryngology Dept, while the hospital in Plymouth does not, so I should probably drive myself to the Laconia Emergency Room ....... tomorrow morning-Friday ...... all things considered ...... with my dire situation.

I figure that doing nothing and waiting till June 23 is not a smart plan ...... am better to go to the Laconia E.R. where they probably have experience with my type of medical problem and maybe I can find an E.N.T. doctor who will be a strong help for me.

Wish me luck ........ and .......... pray for me! .......fll
I do not have Tinitus, but do have some ear problems myself.... that now that I have grown to not be concerned about it, most often I don't even notice it.. But that takes time.....

(Note, I get a click in my ear from specific muscles spasming, there where treatments that worked to some degree, but it was more matter of leaning to ignore it, it will not go away and the surgical option doesn't make sense unless they have to go in for something else)

Unless you feel the issue is putting your life at risk, I am not sure I would go the ER route... while the might find something, chance are based on what you have said has been done so far they will not... and in the end you will have maybe gotten a second MRI, and second un-educated opinion on something that really requires a special to help you figure out... All Dr. are simply not created equal, and I don't mean to imply the Dr. in the ER are not educated, they are just not specialized.. and that is what you are in need off.

So how to live until you go into MEEI..... well just stay busy is the best thing, which it sounds like you are doing....

I am sorry I don't have any good answer, but hopefully knowing that there are others out there that face similar circumstances helps...

Now on the wise guy side, this weekend make your why down the Wiers Beach... ALl the motor cycles and boat noise, should drown that white noise out at least for a while and give you some releif...

Take it easy FLL, and hope you get some answers and relief soon......