View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 06:12 AM   #25
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Glad you nix Michellin. The allroad came originally with the Pilot Sport AS3+. Third generation all-season high-performance tire. The tire was outstanding on the highways but a dog in extreme weather. Switch to the WRg4s and I am extremely happy. The Outback came OE with GEOLANDAR. Nice tire but feels like truck tires. Switched to the WRg3 and the vehicle feels more like a car.
The Avalon came OE with Michelin MXM4. Not as quiet as the Pilot at highway speed but a little better in extreme weather. GF bought Goodyear WeatherReady to replace them, told they were made in America. Tire has a code for Canada. Great tire but not as quiet as my WRg4. It is good in snow.

You won't find the Nokian tires on display at the tire dealers, but if you ask, they can get them for you. They are not popular tires here, but extremely popular in the snow belts of Europe. I was told Volvo shipped OE with Nokians but North American cars get 'domestic' brands. Something about the 'brand loyalty' cult of Americans.

I bought Hankook ICE winter tires for the Avalon because the MXM4 were not good for winter. Excellent winter tires but noisy as heck! Since the switch to WeatherReady, we never used them. The winter tires are available if anyone is interested.