View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 11:30 PM   #36
DougNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by map View Post
I am already sick of noise and fireworks and summer crowds and I’ve only lived here one year. Fireworks right behind us going from early evening to past 11:30 pm last night as we had tried to sleep.

Sometimes I wish we had moved to Vermont instead where we vacationed for 21+ years. My heart is still there. Totally different than here. I’m surprised at how much.
Fireworks last night… I heard them too, music to my ears, I am down the street in Meredith. I have two kids, 12 and 14, we are here as much as possible. We hike (all year), snow shoe, ski, tube, fish, boating. I live full time in MA due to my job, boring as all hell. I love to hear the boats at day/night, snow mobiles running on the tracks, fireworks and all the activity on the lake, keeps me young and feeling alive.

I was at Walmart yesterday (Gilfrod) checking out with $200 in groceries and the gentleman in front of me a $6 fishing line for the derby this weekend. Had a good quick chat, he had to be about 70, nice as anyone could be. I wished I could have stayed and talked to him longer, I can only imagine the life knowledge he holds.
DougNH is offline   Reply With Quote