View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 12:25 PM   #26
map

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
He asked a simple question and you feed him the riot act.

Is your plan to just scare every new comer away?

I think he asked a great question.

Around NewFound lake the bulk of the homes are owned by weekenders that could be from anywhere (including NH). Probably 1 in 10 have full time residents. Not many with kids, but not all retirees either. It’s similar around all the lakes region. Dead in the winter.

I personally wouldn’t want to raise my kids around any of the lake towns (on the water). Just due to lack of “neighborhoods” year round.

I dislike having neighbors that AirB&B their homes. Since they are only there for a week or two. They are often rowdy and they have this thing about fire works. Like almost every night. It gets old. Not easy to figure out ahead of time. They are often not good with boats either and an accident waiting to happen.

In some respects some of the large shared developments are a better for kids because they might have a sense of a neighborhood. But most are still too sparse over winter.

When we were young we were in a town not known for great schools. So we wanted to move. We considered a more exclusive rural town where you could not see your neighbors house. You drive your kids to their friends. We ended up in packed development, same house one after the next. Every other house had kids of similar age. They could walk or ride their bike to school. Best decision we ever made for them. Even though in our heart we really wanted the place you could not see your neighbor With a horse barn and a pond and noted for top notch schools.
I am already sick of noise and fireworks and summer crowds and I’ve only lived here one year. Fireworks right behind us going from early evening to past 11:30 pm last night as we had tried to sleep.

Sometimes I wish we had moved to Vermont instead where we vacationed for 21+ years. My heart is still there. Totally different than here. I’m surprised at how much.
map is offline   Reply With Quote