View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 10:58 AM   #25
rsmlp

Default yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJohn View Post
I retired young and have a fantastic house on the lake but I decided that living full time at the lake was not right for my kids. In the winter almost all of the houses are empty and shut down. In the summer kids, visiting grandparents are up for a week or 2 but hard to form long-lasting friendships based on that.

I think living up there in the winter can be very isolating for adults and especially the kids. Depending on where you live it means long drives to get the kids to see their friends. You can also see from some of the posts here that there is an attitude about the flatlanders moving full-time to NH. I often wonder how many of the people that display that attitude are native-born NH people.

Moultonborough schools have a great reputation but think through what your kid's social life is today and what it will look like in Moultonborough. For me I was happy to raise my kids elsewhere and then moved half time to lake and Florida.
I have to agree. Been in Moultonboro on the lake since '97 and would not want to raise my family here. Too dead in the off season. That said, people do it. Waterfront is especially quiet in the off season. We're in a community with about 30 homes and NONE are here year round. People on the lake tend to go south for the winter.
rsmlp is offline   Reply With Quote