View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 07:23 AM   #23
winnipiseogee

Don't listen to all the haters. We moved up to the lakes region over a decade ago to start our family. We've now got elementary aged kids and feel that raising our kids up here is one of the best things we could have done. We have lots of friends who are doing/have done the same and almost all of them feel incredibly blessed to be raising kids in a place that others only get to visit a few weeks a year.

I will say, we started on the water and it was hard. It gets depressing when everyone leaves and its hard to go to work when all your neighbors are having fun on vacation.

We moved to a year round neighborhood off the water and bought a very small seasonal cabin in a water access community. Its the best of both worlds. We get to be a part of the year round neighborhood this time of year and have a separate set of friends to get excited about in the summer. Our kids absolutely love it. And the cost of the two houses is still much less than a nice year round house on the water.

Its funny but I know at least half a dozen families who do the same thing. Everyone from away thinks we are nuts for having a vacation home in the same town as your primary residence. But we all joke that I don't know how you'd enjoy a vacation house when you have a 2+ hour traffic filled drive every time you wanted to visit and every-time you needed to go home.

Last edited by winnipiseogee; 02-14-2021 at 11:42 AM.
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winnipiseogee For This Useful Post: