View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 07:56 AM   #26
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Here is a picture of the Chene Tritoon Anchor.

You can see the material added to the flukes (on top of them)

It is a pretty sharp edge design compared to many other anchors. Not enough to cut you, but clearly not soft and rounded design.

It seems to penetrate well and bit hard, but is also easy to retrieve due to the slip ring design.

All I can say is so far so good. Your results may vary,,,

Below is their marketing description:

Chene Anchor Tritoon Boat Anchor

The Chene Anchor Tritoon Boat Anchor features a unique shank configuration unlike any other anchor on the market. This Chene anchor rotates a full 90° degrees, allowing the flukes to penetrate deeply with a full 45° set. This 45° angle provides 4 times more holding power than other slip-ring anchors, and as a result, the Chene Anchor Tritoon Boat Anchor requires 70% less anchor line and performs best with an approximately 2:1 line-to-depth ratio. The unique slip-ring design also allows easy retrieval. The solid steel construction brings more durability, along with a zinc coating that helps protect against the harshest environments, even saltwater. Perfect as temporary mooring for swim rafts, shore moorings, and docks. 15"L x 15"W. Manufacturer's lifetime limited warranty.

Manufacturer model #: CH-35-DLF.

Unique shank configuration
Rotates a full 90°
4 times more holding power than other slip-ring anchors
Requires 70% less anchor line
Easy retrieval
Solid steel construction
Zinc coating
High performance in any environment, even saltwater
Perfect for swim rafts, shore moorings, and docks
A couple interesting things I note in their description: 4x more holding power than other "slip ring" designs. Probs allows them to say that in comparison to Fortress. Also, the 2:1 rode is pretty awesome if accurate.

The anchor we started with/that came with Boatie Two was a slip-ring Danforth style that was HORRIBLE. The Mantus I replaced it with has anchored every time, first time, and holds for hours in even the most choppy and windy conditions. In fact, I'm most impressed when we're in open water and swing and it resets without any noticeable slide—maybe the best sell over Danforth style anchors (that I've used).

Glad you found your perfect anchor—it's nice to not have to worry about anchoring!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: