View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 11:07 PM   #4
CanisLupusArctos

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
CLA, nice to see you post about the weather, and teach people something about weather. You've been absent way too long.

In a prior life, I was an air traffic controller and loved dealing with the all weather aspects I had to face as a controller.

Keep it coming.

Dave
Thank you Dave! I've missed you, the others, and this. Getting back to it hasn't been an overnight process and isn't finished, but it's made me realize I want to do this for a living, not just a side-thing that earns a few extra bucks. I've been in transition for a couple years after a family emergency. The pandemic lockdown provided unexpected time to just think, like Frost's "Stopping By Woods On a Snowy Evening" and being able to hear the sound of each snowflake without interruption from thoughts like "But I have miles to go before I sleep..."

A fuzzy picture has evolved of future involving some combination of weather, aviation, &emergency management in a ratio to-be-decided. Positive influences welcome.

In the pandemic "stay-home" I found myself much calmer after using screen-time for getting back into weather vs. checking news stories. Then I saw all the weather geeks now gathered on YouTube (where I want to be) were more concerned with "vortex" than "virus" and I laughed because nothing about the crowd had changed -- the toys just got fancier. It felt like coming home after a long trip around the world.

The fuzzy picture includes a desire to refurbish the web site from its 2012 status, maybe bringing others aboard, maybe crowdfunding to get out of 2012 and do things like go live... lots of thoughts, lots of "how would I do that?" and "where would I start?"
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CanisLupusArctos For This Useful Post: