View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 09:59 AM   #1
XCR-700

Default Anchor recommendation

Hi Folks,

Yes searching through the old threads I see lots of discussion on this subject, but the examples and responses are many and I didnt see my situation so thought I would see where we go with round xxx ;-)

Our current boat is a Formula 270 BR, and a pretty heft boat to be sure, and the anchor situation I am most interested in is fair weather anchoring at the sandbars, not overnight or high wind or anything else.

I have a pile of anchors at home from past boats, but none of our past boats were either this long or this heavy.

In the past the best small/medium boat anchor I have had for Winnipesaukee sandbars was a Chene Anchor (a high angle slip ring fluke design) but again, that was not for this class boat.

So any recommendations for something that will work for average day sandbar anchoring in this class boat is appreciated. (hoping for something that will fit in the anchor locker in the bow,,,)

Also how much rope for this boat (thinking 1/2" double braid unless there are other thoughts)

Clearly I am hoping/expecting for the weather to change and the virus to pass,,,

Thanks for any advice you care to share!
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote