View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 08:26 PM   #31
BrownstoneNorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
Thanks Rusty. You are correct. That being said, the ad reads like the business is being piecemealed as opposed to sold as an ongoing operation. Maybe it us just a poorly written ad. I hope someone buys the place and keeps it going as a bakery.
It is being sold because the owner of the family business died last year. They explain on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Yum-Yum-Shop-191208414596/

Yum Yum Shop
May 23 at 5:58am ·
"Many of you may know that last year long time owner Lou Kelly passed away after a long illness. As a family we struggled to make a decision to reopen or not. You will be happy to know that we will be open the second week of June for one last summer. Thank you for your many years of support! We look forward to seeing you all soon!"

I have no idea what the property is worth, but it's a prime location for something like the former "The Restaurant," which was packed in season and did well enough to break even in the off-season, despite being on the wrong side of the street. One of the things that struck us when we first came to Wolfeboro years ago was that the business locations were exactly backwards -- shops instead of restaurants lakeside, what a waste. We miss Hall's Pharmacy but were delighted that the Downtown Market Grille had the sense to turn it into a lakeview restaurant.

In reply to the poster who downgraded Yum Yum's property for lacking lake "access" -- diners don't need to jump into the lake, just to look at it. Yum Yum was first and foremost a bakery; the owners never exploited their little lakeview restaurant add-on, but someone else might make something of it. I hope the Kelly family finds a worthy, creative entrepreneur for their landmark property.

Last edited by BrownstoneNorth; 05-30-2016 at 09:13 PM. Reason: added comment
BrownstoneNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrownstoneNorth For This Useful Post: