View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 10:31 PM   #11
Misha888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
So, from your perspective, owning and running your own business in not a "real job"? Sounds like something that would come out of the mouth of our esteemed POTUS.

I am not sure why you are offended. Maybe it's because you are taking his words out of context. My husband and I are both business owners, and I didn't take offense because I know the economy and small shop owners around her. There are a lot of business (shop) owners who make a go of it in the lakes region, and are supplemented by another means.

He is just being honest in his assessment. Based on any kind of debt service from a donut shop, he is correct in stating that it won't be able to support a $1.2MM sale price based on standard commercial underwriting. Whoever buys that building at $1.2MM is going to need to pay cash. Do they have the same angst of losing their lease or their building because enough donuts didn't sell that day? Probably not. And if it's their last $1.2MM, they need a better financial advisor.

Maybe the realtors are hoping the State Police will buy it as they did the boat shop in Gilford? Then they can be on both sides of the lake.