View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 10:36 PM   #15
Misha888

Well, someone is lying to you. Yes, two (I recall three) Saturday's construction was happening. I live directly across the way, I don't imagine these things. Maybe next time I will record it.

And the Friday after Thanksgiving is not a day off for many? This is why all our seasonal neighbors were up that weekend. And in the 30 years I have been in the corporate world, Friday's usually are.

Urinating into the wind here, so have a great day! And enjoy your new office.

p.s. Is that annoying blue strobe going to be a constant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Patrol View Post
Misha888-

The Marine Patrol has only approved three days outside of a typical workweek for the project since its start. The Friday after Thanksgiving which is not a day off for many, and two Saturdays for the placement of concrete forms (no heavy construction equipment except form trucks). On two occasions heavy equipment excavators and a crane were delivered on a Saturday but no construction activity was allowed.

To the best of my knowledge, aside from water pumps running after hours, no construction activity has gone beyond allowable hours. FYI, Marine Patrol must approve construction work outside of normal hours.

The Marine Patrol and its Construction Manager, Harvey Construction, have made it clear to our neighbors, island residents, and the Town of Gilford, we intend to have as little impact on them as possible during this project. We have had regular communication with those concerned, monitored dust and debris around vehicles and boats, and maintained safe access to town property. However, from your post it sounds like we are not hearing from everyone. If you have experienced construction at night or anything beyond what was described above, I would appreciate hearing from you. 603-293-2037. Thank you!

Safe Boating!!

Tim Dunleavy
Captain-Marine Patrol