View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 08:30 AM   #46
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy boat View Post
Other side of the coin and a question for YOU: What is the acceptable number of US Citizens who lose their livelihood and cannot house, cloth or feed themselves or their family? What is the acceptable number - or percentage - of mortgage defaults for you? " Just give us a number. Go from there."

We are sole proprietors and our business - and income - has come to a standstill. I am not retired with known monthly income. I don't live off of the profits of selling a business. I don't live off of a trust fund. What I do rely on is companies hiring employees as we are recruiters and we get paid only when we place someone with a company.

It seems you have no problem with millions of people like me - or those worse off - losing most if not everything. You feel it's okay that I lose my business, my house, my Toyota Highlander and have to surrender my two dogs and two cats because I have no home?

Not trying to be "sassy" - well, okay, maybe a little - but I am weary of the "let's force the majority of 328 million US citizens to sacrifice everything to save thousands." Do I want anybody to die? Obviously not. But there comes a time when life goes on and risks must be accepted - and those forced to sacrifice refuse to accept it any longer. And that time will be here before you know it.

GB
I just heard a statistic on the radio by a member of the President's economic team: (paraphrasing) "For every 1,000,000 that go on unemployment, 17,000 people will die from alcoholism, drug overdoes, suicide, etc."

So at the rate we're going, 10mm unemployed will result in 170,000 deaths. Far worse than deaths from the virus. Wake up America.

I heard the Star Spangled Banner being played this morning as well. I've heard this countless times before, but the last line hit me today more than it ever has: "O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!"

Right now it appears we are neither free or brave. Sad....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post: