View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 10:02 AM   #18
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
Were the earlier models wrong, or are data used to initiate the models different now due to social distancing? How many runs do they perform, changing the initial conditions to determine what different inputs have on the outcome? Looks like I need to find those modeling websites.

I do agree that the economy needs to start running soon. Disagree that we should just turn the switch back on.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Agreed with the two above. I think there's a balance to be found between mitigating risk and shutting the country down.

I was at Home Depot yesterday, and they seemed to strike the perfect balance: it's open but minimizing the number of people in the store and making sure people keep distance (floor markings) and employees are safe (gloves/masks/barriers).

I'm wondering if that works for restaurants and other businesses as well: every other table, cleaning supplies available, shortened hours to thoroughly clean overnight...

I'd be interested to know what the business owners on here think—I don't know that I've seen their opinions on their opinions for their businesses.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app