View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 09:32 AM   #16
WinnisquamZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I'm not trolling at all. The models that caused us to shutter in place have been wrong. The Chinese coronavirus is nothing more than a bad flu year. In 2017-18, the U.S. suffered between 46,000 and 85,000 deaths from the flu with 500,000 hospitalized. The combined deaths from Chinese coronavirus and normal flu will fall within this range. What did we do in 2017-18? Nothing! This is a media- and social media-driven event. Yes, it is to be taken seriously, especially for people who have compromised immune systems, but we cannot shutter our economy and effect everyone.

We need to follow Sweden's model, and get all Americans back working. If you or someone you love is compromised, then be careful, while the rest of us get back to work.

Major, many of us here agree with your take on this event. For me, patience is running thin. No time in history have we quarantined the healthy. Those at high risk should be the ones we protect under quarantine. I believe, this week plans will start to be identified that will allow us all to get back to living our life’s

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WinnisquamZ For This Useful Post: