View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 08:18 AM   #15
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not to Worry View Post
I do not believe anyone has ever said I am from the left. I try to deal in facts versus fiction. I think that just makes me informed versus right or left. Today too many define news that they do not like or agree with as fake. Very few of those people check into the story to find the hard core facts to back up their believes. Not sure what you would call a person who does this but maybe just uninformed. The world is facing a pandemic and people are dying. How many? Who knows since China and Russia are not telling the truth and even in the US our numbers are not accurate, since all agree that those who are infected are a much higher number than is reported.

People are dying and the ENTIRE worlds governments are responding (albeit too slow in the US) The experts all agree that if we reopen too soon more will die that do not need to die. This is simply a fact. There is nothing to argue. What that does to the economy I doubt we can accurately predict. I fear just like anyone with a brain, that we
would could end up in a depression but that is the price we will pay for China's arrogance in not dealing the virus when maybe it could have been contained.

There’s a lot to argue. The numbers speak for themselves, and the earlier models on which we based our decisions were wrong.

There is a socio-economic impact to this. Like it or not, there is dignity in work. Most of our self esteem comes from doing well at our jobs. What we are experiencing now is the left’s dream - replacing the dignity of work with a government check.

I am disgusted by our response to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: