View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 04:51 PM   #6
Not to Worry

Default How can it really end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I don't pretend to know when we should go back, but today's NY Times is very clear that things are not as bleak as they could have been, and that we are gaining.

On the two points in your post about the virus--it's a lot easier to stop this thing when there are just a few cases (see the articles on the first wave in Singapore and Taiwan), and as the other commenter noted, I'd expect the NH peak to be some time after the Mass peak (now expected on April 20 or so).

All this probably bodes well for you to open before the Summer crowds. I really hope you can
To my mind this cannot end until there is a vaccine. My guess is that social distancing etc., is working and muting the deaths BUT as soon as we loosen up the curve goes straight up again and the shutdown starts again. I wish I was wrong but logically how can I be? Once more people interact and the virus spreads.

Of course if we do not get back to work, and small business can reopen we are all going to suffer too. I cannot find the answer.

From the Washington Post "The United States on Saturday has passed Italy for the most confirmed covid-19 deaths in the world, with more than 20,000 fatalities, a figure experts have called 'an underestimation.’
The news comes as Anthony S. Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious disease expert, said he hopes for “a real degree of normality” by November."