View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 05:49 PM   #116
Billy Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by nplbw1 View Post
My wife and I decided to look for a new restaurant in the area tonight so we went to the "Winnipesaukee Forum" for restaurant advice. After reading all the bad things people were saying, we decided to check out the Birch & Vine for ourselves. When we arrived, we were greeted by one of the waitresses coming in to work who held the door for us. We sat at the bar and the hostess came over and said she needed to go over the evening meals with the staff and apologized that there would be a short wait to place an order. The bartender came over right after, was friendly and said she had to go to a short meeting about the dinner menu and quickly got us a drink. We sat for awhile, looked over the menu and decor with concern from what this forum had presented. The place was immaculate (including the bathrooms) and the menu had a nice variety of choices. We ordered an appetizer and while i tried to decide on which beer on tap to have, one of the waitresses gave her opinion on a couple which was very much appreciated and I enjoyed. We ordered our entrees which were very good and we had great conversation with some of the other locals. When the dinner check was delivered, we thought it seemed reasonable. Is this a burger joint? NO. Is is a clam shack? NO. It's a decent restaurant with fair prices (have you been to the new Woodshed?). I'm not sure who thinks this place is way over priced but we found our new place to go. BTW, the hostess was the owner and she seemed to welcome several customers by name. If you haven't been, check it out for yourself.
We also have had a great dinner here !
Never , never ever , pay attention to forum reviews of new / changed establishments that are in the same location as a old standby establishment. Especially if the new restaurant charges a dime more then the restaurant that went under or if they attempt to make changes. The locals can’t handle change
Billy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Billy Bob For This Useful Post: