View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 09:16 AM   #49
Still lazy E

I have to admit some seriuos jealousy from this keyboard right now. The skimming over the ice cubes was a nice touch!

Word of caution though, forget the legal aspects for a minute. That water is literally ice cold, even with a wetsuit you lose your strength very quickly. 2/3 years ago we waterskiied the last week of March when there was still some pockets of ice on one of the smaller lakes. We were skiiing behind a Nautique that was missing the rear transom platform as it was being refinished. An ill timed wipeout on my part put me head first into the chill. I was pretty much useless trying to get out of the water back into the boat. Between the 3 of us I was able to get pulled back in. 30 seconds in that water felt like an eternity. Had there been only the driver for one I would have been in the water considerably longer which would have made the situation that much worse. A whaler isn't that much easier to board.

Have fun, but be safe. I hope to be back out there skiing this weekend although now it's with a dry suit and a transom platform!!
Still lazy E is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Still lazy E For This Useful Post: