View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 07:51 AM   #11
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydinlik View Post
I talked to a sales person from Doc Doctors today. Hydrolic lift has a lower profile compared to vertical lift. He told me that people get hydrolic lifts so that they can leave it in the lake in the winter, if the water is deep enough. He said it is risky but many people do it.

I also received a quote around 18k from watermark. If i get similar quote from Doc Doctors, i would rather go with watermark. Since they are are local and also very helpful.

I think mooring is the most economical solution. I can install it every season without paying anyone. I think it is also safe for the boat. However it is not as easy to go boating.
It is risky to leave the lift in the water in the winter, and there are several avenues to mitigate the risk.... I know a person that does it... Their lift stays in place, they have a protected crib dock with a break water.... with the bubbler in place it seems to do ok, as an added bonus one year he put the swim raft on the lift and secured...

I have also heard of people using air bags to move the lift out into deeper water.....(This to me seems the safest way to go)

If I was going to leave a lift in the water, I think I would talk to my insurance company to make sure if something happened it was a covered loss...