View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
Pine Island Guy

Default Review from Friday at the Hooksett rest area

On the way north Friday afternoon, we stopped at the new rest area... Good news, it seemed to be functioning flawlessly!

The parking lots were full, but still spaces open (certainly not as bad as the mall at Christmas!). Gas pumps the same, with a few cars waiting (I've seen a lot worse at the exit 23 Irving station). Liquor store was packed, hard to remember how they managed in the old store. All cashiers on duty, and a few people in each line. No lines, no waiting in the men's restroom (Pine Island Girl confirmed the same for the women's room).

The food options were plentiful from the "diner". It is set up so that you can either eat in with service, or order to go and eat in the open area or take it with you. Looked to be the same menu as the Tilton Diner. The "general store" was crowded with folks buying beer, soda, chips, butts, etc. They also have a section of pre-made sandwiches, all fresh that day and made with Boar's Head deli products. I had a ham & swiss and it was yumbo.

All in all, it was humming along well at 3pm, plenty of staff on hand and people seemed to like it. My unscientific observation based on traffic and "busy'ness" is that any time spent in lines there will be far surpassed sitting in traffic a bit farther north going through the Concord stretch of '93.

Happy Memorial Day, what a beautiful weekend so far!! -PIG
Pine Island Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pine Island Guy For This Useful Post: