View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #50
chasedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJ View Post
Did you or your friend get permission from Marine Patrol to put new unofficial markers in the lake? Could be an issue for whoever put them in if an accident happened due to these unofficial markers. I understand the intent but is it worth the potential liability?
DEJ...Thank you for alerting us to a possible liability concern of placing unofficial markers in the lake.

To that regard...we asked a MP officer what is the liability and should we remove them. We advised him that many boats had hit the rocks and we and many others were concerned enough to see if we could alert folks with putting floating objects marking a hazard.

He said he was fine with the markings. As long as they are not a navigation hazard. He would want to check each out to see if it could be a potential issue.
He said there are a few areas that are not marked on charts that have hidden rocks. Some folks do put out a "bleach bottle" markers. It would be best, however, to call the MP to advise them and to grant permission.
He said it was a very busy summer. Most issues enforced were NWZ and 150 rule violation. Boats out at night with no lights on were also a problem.
The MP officer was very professional and offered to help explain any issues or questions. I felt as though he and the MP Management would be very helpful in a meet and greet community session explaining what they experience on a daily basis and reasons for their actions. ( I offer this as a suggestion for a possible meet and greet briefing and gathering. Would any one like to attend such a informative session around the lakes region?)

The officer gave many examples what they run into day and night that could be potential dangerous situations.
He said any time you see repeated violations don't hesitate to call the MP. They will be vigilant tn making sure any violations are scoped out and enforced.
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post: