View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #23
Chaselady

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
I agree with the concept but you can't legislate common sense. I am against more laws and regulations. There are many licensed, seasoned boaters on this lake that violate the rules daily. Two of the most significant accidents on the lake in recent years were with very seasoned boaters at the helm.

If someone rents a vessel to head out on the lake and doesn't have, or inquire about a chart, then there is not much hope. If they are not smart enough to know they they need it then what would you expect? You can't fix s.....

I was going through the Weirs Channel today and someone was coming towards me in the middle of the channel. I was operating a boat with a 14 foot beam. After honking at them three times, motioning to them, they forced me aside and as they passed asked me what I wanted. I explained that they couldn't take their half in the middle. They didn't get it. They went under the bridge, dead center.

It's getting worse. I have seen more violations and dumb moves in the last month than I have in the previous 5 years.
I agree, you can't legislate common sense. And you can't fix stupid. But when you let inexperienced people go out on the lake, piloting a boat, with little to no experience, it puts everyone else on the water at risk.
It's not all about that driver, yeah, I know, they're on vacation...we can't ruin their "fun" This is NH, the "Live free or die " State
It's also about us, who have to share the water, and our kids, who also are out there on the water.
We can't rent a car without a (real) license. Why do we allow people to drive on the lake without that real experience?
Chaselady is offline   Reply With Quote