View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 11:22 AM   #44
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts
Default Robert Kennedy

Actually, since you don't know me, I will tell you that I am not a fearful person. I was an engineer who became an attorney. As a youngster, I was good at math and science. I have a thing for statistics. I do not get off at promoting fear.

I look at the data without prejudice or disclaimer. To quote a great coach, it is what it is. Kennedy provides graphs of mortality versus year for vaccines including measles, pertussis (whatever that is!), influenza, tuberculosis, scarlet fever and polio, and without exception, the introduction of the vaccine had very little impact on reducing the rate of mortality. The polio graph is the one that surprised me, since as with everyone else, I was told that the polio vaccine eliminated polio. It did not. The rate of mortality was dropping by the time the live polio vaccine was introduced (circa 1960) and continued on the same downward trend until it was effectively eradicated in 1980.

As far as propagating fear, which side is propagating the most fear, the left about the so-called dangerousness of COVID or the right about having a skepticism about vaccines, lockdowns, social distancing, masks, etc. The government's reaction answers that question.