View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #27
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Wolfeboro and Tuftonboro apparently went out just after 5 (unless the generator made my coffee). We had no land line phones either. We had power back on between 8 and 9 depending on exactly where you were. I guess some will be out longer. We went to Rochester and Market Basket and Walmart still did not have power around 3 or 4. On the back roads there were a lot of trees down heavy with ice. People were using chain saws, a lot of trees and power lines down. Met someone I know and they said it was really bad where they live in Alton (2 trees on their porch and no power) and might not have power for days and someone in Rochester said the same. Hannafords in Alton was on generator at around 4 and were closing at 5. No meat, very few fresh veggies and very dark in that dept., no butter, no frozen veggies. etc. Signs said "don't open doors" to milk. Maine has a lot of people out of power too. I think it is going to be a hard few days for a lot of people. I am grateful we are not them, poor people.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote