View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #148
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
What would happen if every boater ignored the rules that annoyed them?
You are confused, on purpose

People ignore, or are ignorant of the laws every single day of the week. The reason you're appearing so confused to yourself, is because you don't really care about what you state you are. You care about sailing, freedom to roam, all of that. You care not for safety, or enforcement, or any of that.

If you genuinely did care for all of that, you'd wonder about the missing link in all of these discussions. You know, the one you never bring up. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

If you picked up on the math quiz, and I'm quite sure you did, you'd know that the problem boater above (rude), was illegal by about 25' per boat. Not a huge sum, but technically in the wrong. But you commented on the principle of it. But I've yet to see you chime in on the other, far more important, and far more dangerous moments. Jet skiis between swimmers.

How about this one?

"The MPs were out enforcing this rule hardcore this weekend I can say. Some guy in a 18 foot bayliner or something blows by us and 3 other boats in Alton Bay Sunday and the MP is sitting right in the channel-where you have to obey the rule or he has you. This guy broke the 150 on 4 boats and also the MP
"

No comment APS?