View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 02:58 PM   #4
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopcharged View Post
A new boat is very expensive to purchase and insure where as the boat you currently own may suit your needs, but is also expensive out of pocket to restore. As I'm sure some of you have explored this question, would those of you who have share with me why you decided to go with that decision? I.E. financing VS cash investment, style, function,etc.

Thanks, I am a restoration shop and am looking for better ways to market my services.
If your in the business the best things you can do for yourself are:

- be accurate with your quoting
- be accurate with your timeline

As other have said here the right boat is worth putting more money into. Because the cost of getting something newer or new has gotten astronomical.
I have two boats that are both 20 years old. With what I payed for them (both bought used)..... I would need to be at a point, where repair/restoring them was going to over 15K, in a single shot, before I would consider looking for another used boat..... I know what I have.... I know the issues, I work with them, and hope to feel that every year, I make improvements that keep the boat in good order, rather then spend the money and gain a new monthly payment just to have something that is brand new...