Thread: Boat Wraps
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 07:49 PM   #4
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperS7777 View Post
Jake Benedict at New School Vinyl in Franklin does an amazing job. 603-455-9850

This will be the third season with the hull sides wrapped on my boat (solid color, not a printed wrap). The boat looks like it has an amazing paint job from ~10' away. As you get closer you still cannot tell its a vinyl wrap, but it does lack the depth and gloss a true painted hull would have.

As far as maintenance goes, vinyl is very easy. I was the boat with typical hull soap and a soft brush a few times a season, and in the interim I use a product called Quickie Sauce (you can pick this up at Supreme Marine) to clean everything up. Spray the hull sides down 2-3' at a time, wipe with a clean micro fiber, and then bite off another 2-3' section.

My boat sits on a lift at my house, so I cant speak to how well the wrap would hold up on something that is in the water all season, but I have had no issues with the parts of the wrap that are often in the water (at idle, at the sand bar, docked up for lunch / dinner etc.). I have also had no issues with damage to the wrap from docks / fenders / other boats while rafted up. I just take the same precautions as you would with any boat, ensure the fenders are placed appropriately and carry on with life.

The one part of my wrap I have had troubles with is the bow. Specifically where it sits on the bow stop on my trailer. We have taken it out of state a few times for poker runs, and during the transit, the small movement between the bow stop and wrap has caused some damage to the wrap. Its not the end of the world, and its a relatively easy fix if you have some spare vinyl material...but if you were trailering the boat regularly it may be more of a consideration.

In the long run I do plan on painting my boat, however at roughly 1/8th of the cost, the vinyl wrap is a perfect solution to clean the boat up and give it a great look in the interim.
sent you a PM