View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 06:38 PM   #10
jbolty

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyourjets View Post
This is why a mask is only one small part of the solution. One of the others is washing your hands frequently or more importantly, using hand sanitizer after you've been in a situation where you might have been exposed and not touching your face and eyes. It's no different than when you are cooking food that could contain a pathogen such as salmonella. You have to be very careful not to cross-contaminate but it's not too difficult if you take the time to do things in the proper order. People are not wearing masks for the theater of it.
That's good in theory but at least a 1/4 of the people I see with masks have them below their nose and are wearing the same gloves to touch everything in sight plus their phone, keys and face.

the vast majority have no idea of basic science and are oblivious to the point of gloves or masks.

all this in addition to handling cash, touching atm or credit card key pads door handles, etc.

whenever I cut up raw meat I first put hot bleach water in the sink ready to wash my hands, knife and cutting board. Show me 5 people who do the same at home or even think of it. It's no coincidence that studies have shown one of the dirtiest things in most homes is the refrigerator door handle.

having said all that, being cautious is fine but most people are not nearly as safe as they think they are and yet we are still not dropping like flies. I think eventually we are going to find out nearly everyone has already been exposed.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbolty For This Useful Post: