Thread: Fake IDs
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 08:37 AM   #40
glennsteely

Default Maybe a difference in local law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
You almost have it correct. After one year, she can petition the court to reduce the infraction from a misdemeanor to a violation. All that needs to be done is to go to the district court and fill out a form. They are very helpful. After the petition is approved, she does not have to state that she was arrested and/or convicted of a misdemeanor.
Major,
I am not sure, I am def not a lawyer......lol, but, I can say that I have not ALWAYS been the upstanding, law abiding citizen I am today.....LOL!! x 3 = Hahaha!!!
I TOO had a youth, (many, many moons ago,) and my youth may have been just a tad bit wilder than most......that being said, My perm home is in New Jersey, (where I am stuck, not by choice) and I can say for certain that the “1 year rule” that I am referring to is exactly as I described it, here in Jersey anyway.
My neighbor just went through it all with his son, who is an otherwise, OUTSTANDING kid, who just made a stupid judgement call when shortly after school was out for the summer this year, was discovered to be a little “tipsy” with some of his buddies, who are other good kids from town, spray painting on the back side of one of our Elementary Schools that is behind our homes, on the outskirts of our development. Nothing crazy or newsworthy, just some bad, bad attempts at being artistic, hopefully reminding them why they are all pushed and encouraged to be good students and good athletes, (not art students.)
I really shouldn’t be making jokes about it, because it is a good example of how a stupid mistake, or something that after a few beers seemed like a good thing to do, (another stupid part of this whole bad night, that could have been much, much worse, had it been a car or hunting weapon or ANYTHING other than spray paint they chose to express themselves with.) Just 1 second in time, that 1 bad decision, can change a lifetime, a life, a future, or worse, LIVES......meaning many, we all know the variables, no need to go thru all of them.

.......anywho.....getting back on track, they were able to spare all of these kid’s futures, (this time anyway) from being scarred with the black mark that this, stupid, petty little mistake could have generated for years, actually, the MOST IMPORTANT and some would argue, the BEST years of there lives......
In the end, all 6 of the boys received the “1 year rule” which included quite a bit more than the normal requirements. 2 of them received 50 hours each for their roles in the artwork, they are brothers, and they did not participate in the drinking. The next 3 of them, including our neighbor’s boy, received 100 community service hours each, for the underage liquor consumption and being intoxicated in public, as well as the painting. The real “dummy” of the crowd, our friend’s son, Devon, 1 of the local star athletes for our High School, called himself “running” from the police, and took off from the scene in trying to not get caught, losing a flip flop where he ran from, that his mother had written his name in!! So, he had a REAL bad time in leading our police on a 40 minute “manhunt” with only 1 flip flop......more funny to come

.......Stupid, I did say stupid, right? The local police are all our friends, and they know all of these boys.......plus, these 6 kids are ALWAYS together, so 1 look at the crowd always gets the, “where is so and so” if that crowd isn’t all 6 of them. The other boys all told the arresting officers who it was that ran, all of 1.2 seconds after the cuffs were on......lol. Ok, so here it is......I told you Devon is on of our STAR athletes, right? Football, baseball, golf, he does it all, but his real claim to fame? This boy is FAST!! Ready? TRACK!!

Wow.
Devon got 150 hours.
The “1 year rule” saved them, so if they complete their court ordered punishments and stay squeaky clean for the year, it all goes away, everything. Like it never happened.