Thread: Fake IDs
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 11:59 PM   #36
glennsteely

Thumbs up Broad hopper is correct.....

Local courts don’t do a ton of “business” in the off season up there......they need money, period. This is definitely not to stomp on our courts, our freedoms, our country, so before you try to crucify me for my comments, remember, these are just MY OPINION and my reason for posting is to give the best advice I can offer to the thread starter, WHO ASKED FOR IT!!

I would say a fool proof plan for a young man/woman with a spotless record would be as follows:

1. Volunteer work dealing with underage drinking, drinking and driving, talking with younger kids about the error of their ways, etc. needs to be found and started ASAP.

2. A lawyer needs to be retained ASAP, from what I have read here, the recommended attorney sounds like your best bet, because, knowing how to handle the local courts and court personnel goes the distance, every time. The amount of recommendations he has received here speaks for the quality of work you can expect to receive from him, I am sure.

3. NO TROUBLE AT ALL.......do not spit on the sidewalk or Jaywalk while this is ongoing!!!

Now, talk to the lawyer about what is called “One year rule” (might have a different name there, but it will be something he knows about.)
It will require an appearance, where he/she will be required to plead guilty, and the the judge will suspend sentencing for 1 year, at that time, if he/she has been in absolutely NO TROUBLE at all, another appearance will be required and the judge will dismiss the original charge/charges, and throw away the guilty plea, resulting in nothing, not even the original arrest, being recorded on his/her permanent criminal record, therefore sparing him/her from EVER having to check that box that says “yes.”

I almost forgot, if anything goes wrong during that year, like another arrest, etc. allows the judge to impose the original sentence, with no credit for time gone by, and run whatever sentence consecutive to the penalty for the new charges.
Just an example:
Guilty plea suspends a 5 year prison sentence, 11 months into the 1 year suspension a new crime is committed that carries a 10 year sentence, found guilty on the new charge, and sentenced to the full 10 years, results in the 5 year sentence having to be satisfied first, STARTING back at day 1, with no credit for the 11 months gone by, before the 10 year sentence even starts.
That is DEFINITELY a big stretch from what we are talking about here, but it makes it very easy to understand.
Hope that helps.

Last edited by glennsteely; 09-27-2018 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Need to add something.
glennsteely is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to glennsteely For This Useful Post: