View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 11:30 AM   #42
Rich

I received a reply from Senator Ayotte:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting me regarding our nation's ethanol policy. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, on June 20, 2013, Senator John Barrasso (R-WY) introduced the Renewable Fuel Standard Repeal Act (S. 1195), which was referred to the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. If enacted, S. 1195 would repeal the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) RFS. You may be pleased to know that I am a cosponsor of S. 1195.

Additionally, on December 12, 2013, Senator Feinstein (D-CA) introduced the Corn Ethanol Mandate Elimination Act of 2013 (S. 1807), which was referred to the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. If enacted, S. 1807 would amend the Clean Air Act to terminate the corn ethanol mandate included in the RFS.

I strongly oppose our nation's erroneous ethanol policy and will work to repeal its misguided use of taxpayer dollars. Our nation's energy policy has subsidized domestic ethanol production for nearly four decades. Congress mandates ethanol's use through federally directed markets and the RFS, subsidizes its production through tax credits, grants, and loans, and protects it from competition through tariffs.

Although I am not a member of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, please be assured that I will continue to work toward ending our nation's flawed and costly ethanol policy.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. As your Senator, it is important for me to hear from you regarding the current issues affecting New Hampshire and our nation. Please do not hesitate to be in touch again if I may be of further assistance.
Keep up the pressure, and urge your friends around the country to do the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post: