Thread: Vaccinations
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 09:25 AM   #219
bobkatfly

Default LRCC today

Jeep, thanks for the detailed report. My wife and I have a 12:40 appointment today for the first shot. Going to follow your arrival time experience. Almost a hour ride for us (with our 1 year and 4 year old grandkids in tow) so have to get ready now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPONLY View Post
As some have experienced, our appointed went unflawed.
Appointment time- Friday, 2/5- 5:40pm.
As WE entered the lot, there was a lit sign saying do not arrive more than ten minutes before your appointment- well, if you didn't already know this, and were concerned about being late (long lines, etc.)- anyway, moot point.

We pulled into the lot at 5:25 (eek!- five minutes early!). By the time we went through 2-3 "stations" (courteous and professional), we were right on the dot.

A questionnaire, which did not get collected, and a separate document for me (the "add on person" (they called it the plus-one, a process that went well) which they did keep- name/address/email.

A soldier came to the car, confirmed who we are, and the "shot" was the next step.

The male nurse giving the shot arrived and explained who he was (from out of district) and assured us of his abilities.

Got the shot (Moderna)- gave us cards recording the event- 5:55, emergency blinkers on for 15 minutes while sitting in the lot- 6:10- no reactions and on our way!!! We were told 28 days for the next one.

Here's to getting the second part just done just as easily!

Amherst till the big 66 comes (made it!)
Winter Harbor/Mirror Lake till the big guy comes