Thread: Vaccinations
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 11:46 AM   #25
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
“Disappointing percentage” those who have managed the virus on a daily basis are rejecting the vaccine. Is this bad? Not really, if you dig deeper and ask why we hear answers like “those most vulnerable must be done first”. I have been around it for a year, give it to those who need it” etc....

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I understand what you are saying, but I look at it a little differently. First, this was FL where the governor has prioritized those over 65 as being first. Secondly, my belief about why health care providers are refusing is: health care providers include many non physicians who are younger. Their reasoning may be: I am young, my risk of dying/becoming very ill with Covid, is quite low. OTOH, the vaccines available are m-rna vaccines which technique has never been done before and may have unknown side effects. So, if I wait a few months, I’ll see if there are more side effects and I’ll get it then.

Although I do not agree with this, I see where reasonable people might make this decision.

That may, of course, not be correct. But, it is not good for anybody if the vaccine is available and not being used, regardless of cause.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."