View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 10:54 PM   #10
Mee-n-Mac

Default I agree with GH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay
If I'm not expecting traffic in Concord, I take exit 35 off 495 to Route 3 north, which becomes the Everett Turnpike in Nashua. Take the Tpke. thru Manchester merge onto 93 just before the Hooksett Tolls. Take Exit 15 in Concord onto 393 and then take 9 East. You have a choice of staying on 9 to the Epsom Circle and taking 28 North from there, or at the light in Chichester (just past Gary's RVs) make a left and go down the hill past the Chichester library and elementary school and hook up with 28 north near the Chichester General Store. That cuts a few miles off going to the circle.
When you're not stuck in traffic I think GH's way above is the quickest. Taking the Chichester cutoff is a nice few miles in the country farmland though you'll miss the Wendy's, Dunkin Donuts, Subway and ice cream place (? name ?) at Epsom circle. From 495 to Alton it'll be about 75 miles.