View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 03:16 PM   #50
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I am the Chairman and a significant shareholder of a medium size business that may be slammed by our customers' Coronavirus precautions. But I support these steps 100%, maybe 110% in that I wonder if we should do more.

Most seasoned business people understand that they are always in a tough competitive situation, fighting pressures from all directions. I will not be complaining about the government, I will be working hard to mitigate the damage, and praying that no one dies.
What if you are Sam or Baygo, and had your business completely shut down? What if there was a good chance that your business may not reopen? What if you lost your business? Would you be so magnanimous?

I co-manage a law firm having 65 employees and a $20,000,000 budget. I know first-hand what this is going to do to us. Clients are going to feel like they have a green light to not pay us. We are planning for this. However, I am reasonably sure that we are not going to SHUT DOWN because of this. You can bet I would be super pissed if that were the case.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote