View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 09:47 PM   #12
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Unfortunately Sam, most of our elected officials have never owned small businesses. If they did they would be less inclined to cancel events or enact restrictions. (I realize Chris Sununu is a small business owner.)

That said, it’s all about understanding and accepting risks. In 2019, nearly 500,000 people were hospitalized and 36,000 died from the flu. Not a big deal since we’ve accepted the risk of getting the flu. The Chinese coronavirus is an unknown. Couple this with the media and social media stoking the flame of panic, we are where we are.

I feel so bad for good people like you who provide jobs in our area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your support major....much appreciated from the thousands of hard working people in the industry who are now out of work..
I understand peoples concerns about the virus but there have been no deaths in NH, only 13 mild cases so far..
In 2009 The swine flu hospitalized over 250,000 people and caused over 12,000 deaths and there were no such closing of business', churches and sporting events. Many more people die of the common flu than have died from the coronavirus.
Most people in this business...servers, bartenders, cooks live pretty much week to week and being suddenly out of work is devastating to them.
We are going to pay our staff as long as the money holds out but I still think this was not a wise decision.
SAMIAM is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post: