Thread: 20Ft Tri-Toon ?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 07:29 AM   #33
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourhuckleberry View Post
Actually the capacity plate says 11, or 1590lbs. So i dont think thats going to be an issue.

Thanks for the advice on the anchors.

I forget who mentioned speakers but 100% agree. An upgraded sound system was actually a deterrent for me when I was looking at ads for boats. Not worth the expense.

I'll take a bluetooth speaker and an iphone thanks.
The capacity plate makes sense given it's a tritoon, and probably with 26" or 27" tubes?

Good luck on the anchors—don't be cheap here (as I was at one time).

Totally disagree on the stereo. We got the simple upgrade with four speakers, and it sounds way better than a portable speaker—especially one that's even remotely portable—and there's no charging, cables, or any other hoops to jump through. We have friends who use a Bluetooth speaker, and it's never in the right place or too loud on one side to hear on the other, and they need to pack and charge it, blah blah blah. I want as little as possible to bring to and from the boat.

The lights comment above I also disagree with—the amount of times we've needed lighting beyond our marker lights and cell phone flashlights is zero (we carry an emergency LED spotlight) and I've heard many tales of destroyed batteries from forgetting to turn them off or hitting switches in normal movement and not being able to notice in the sun.

The thing is—as 8gv mentioned early on here—is that people need to find "their" perfect and mine may not be yours. Except for Mantus anchors—those are everybody's perfect!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote