View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 10:49 AM   #17
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
I'd take that plate off and see what difference that makes. One thing you want to be careful of is not to raise that motor to much and cause a cavitation problem once you're up on plane.

I don't have my 14 footer anymore but I seem to recall I put an 11 pitch on it which was as low as I could go for that motor. That replaced the 13 pitch that was on it.

Ya know you might want to try a 4 blade spitfire prop on that motor if they make one. Gives a ton more bite and helps with the hole shot for sure.

If you can't really go with a bigger motor than I would assume that your package is optimized as best as it can be and agree it should be sufficient to handle what is on the recommended person\weight plate.
Once I move the motor up, I am going test out a stainless 11 pitch I have and I also have a spitfire 4 blade with an 11 pitch that was supposed on there before I did the lower end over from the old owner. It is a little beat up so I did not want to put it on, but i am going to use it in the test runs, as well as the current 9 on there now