View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 10:44 AM   #16
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
the console is midship which is good. I'm hoping just picking the motor up as it is being dragged down by the water going above the anti-vent plate will start the change. Has to be a reason why Merc, Lowe and all the prop website are saying 10/11 pitch sizes mostly

the boat can only go up to a 30hp motor and the boat is rated for 5 people or 550lbs ontop of the 601 lbs the hull is. With that in mind i do not see 25hp being underrated for this boat, and I know the motor is running the way it should.

let's see what happens
I'd take that plate off and see what difference that makes. One thing you want to be careful of is not to raise that motor to much and cause a cavitation problem once you're up on plane.

I don't have my 14 footer anymore but I seem to recall I put an 11 pitch on it which was as low as I could go for that motor. That replaced the 13 pitch that was on it.

Ya know you might want to try a 4 blade spitfire prop on that motor if they make one. Gives a ton more bite and helps with the hole shot for sure.

If you can't really go with a bigger motor than I would assume that your package is optimized as best as it can be and agree it should be sufficient to handle what is on the recommended person\weight plate.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote