View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 08:13 AM   #14
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

With a boat that small it's not so much the prop pitch as it is the weight distribution. As you describe just shifting your self a couple or more feet forward makes a huge difference in how well the boat gets up on plane. If you have all the weight in the back of the boat already you are at a big disadvantage as you're asking a lot of the motor to have the power to push that up on plane with nothing to push the front down. I do not think that a different pitched prop will help much as you may hope it does. Those foils you put on the motor never seem to do much if anything at all. Ultimately you need to get more weight in the nose of the boat or get more motor. Just my thoughts.

I had a 14 foot boat (side console) with a 30HP on the back. It performed well with up to three adults in the boat BUT me as the driver was sitting mid way up the boat, passenger #1 seat was to the left and slightly forward of the captains seat, third adult was fine on the back seat. I did pitch down but that did not make a huge difference, some but not huge.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote