View Single Post
Old 10-31-2023, 12:30 PM   #20
Descant

Thanked 1,525 Times in 987 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news to all the Live Free or Die folks but, while education is helpful and will bring some people to their senses, governmental intervention and the costs that come with it is the only way this issue has a chance of being solved. A majority of folks just aren't going to contribute to a solution. As you point out, far too many people just don't care.
As a member/supporter of multiple lake associations who do a great job of protecting their respective lakes, I find these comments insulting, although I know that is not the intent. If things are so great in CT, why do you come to NH? I think we all see many many surveys, studies, etc. that rank NH as one of the most desirable places to live in the USA. We also see reports of folks fleeing NY, CT, NJ where there is an overabundance of gov't and taxes. When there is an (environmental) issue, government is rarely a leader in solutions. In fact no action at all until the groups mentioned above start their responses.
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post: