View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #16
djwoodward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Thanks for the reply guys, but I did try Q-tips with isopropyl and that did not work. I am concerned about using anything stronger as I can see small electrical thingamajigs on the mirror. I assume these are the focusing lights?? I just don't want to screw up anything.

Just an fyi, my camera is a Canon EOS-20D for what it's worth and it's much smarter than me!

Thanks!

Dan

Dan if you have a 20D (DSLR) the spots are probably on your sensor not on the mirror. The decision for "do it yourself" sensor cleaning can be a tough one. It's a decision with two definitive camps. You may want to do some internet searching on the "Copperhill Method" which is one of the most widely accepted methods. But you should take caution with any method; you don’t want to scratch your sensor. If you don’t do it yourself you may want to search for an authorized Canon service center to send it to.

By the way, If had the same issues with my Canon DSLR; dirty sensors are inevitable. I’ve used the Copperhill Method with no problems.
djwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djwoodward For This Useful Post: