View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 09:42 AM   #72
Garcia

Default Millennials...

It's interesting to hear criticism of the millennials (disclaimer - I am Generation X and my kids are Gen Z) without the same criticism of either the Boomers or in fewer cases Generation X - the parents that raised them.

What I find striking in regards to the changes in the lake over the 50+ years I have been blessed to enjoy it, is the growing size and number of boats. I grew up with anywhere from a 15-22 foot boat (currently have a 17) as the main boat to get back and forth the the island, fish, waterski, and just explore the lake. Now it seems like 25+ is the norm.

In terms of obnoxious behavior, I think it always existed, but with more people out on the water on a given day, there are more opportunities to come into contact with the obnoxious, entitled ones. And, being in crowded situations, of which there are more of today than a couple decades ago, can bring out the worst in people.

More often than not I am a "weekend warrior" and thank my lucky stars every time I pull up to the dock on the island that 100 years ago, a family member had the foresight to build a cottage on a small piece of land that 5 generations and counting enjoy.

Last edited by Garcia; 07-18-2022 at 09:45 AM. Reason: added something
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garcia For This Useful Post: