View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 11:58 AM   #25
mowtorman

Default Relevance

DC you are preaching to the choir.

People either don't know or don't care. The last thing they want is my or someone else's opinion on what they are doing. Usually it is one person up against 3-10 with the ending being some expletive filled rant followed by threats.

It's like an overcrowded rats nest. If enforcement doesn't enforce there are 3 choices. Work on accepting what is happening, organizing for change (like Lockes Island), or hit yourself in the head with a hammer at least you can control that.

It's not Happy Days and 1950 anymore. If people want something they take it ...."I'm getting my piece of the pie now...you won't stop me".

I keep having to update and reconcile the lakes region I've known for going on 60 years with what it is today.....kind of like a periodic reboot. Like I had never seen 30 boats waiting to go down Weirs Channel before.

I talked with a lady at Glendale whose dad put the family property in trust. She said Goodhues took 30 storage spaces away from long term users and had a lottery for the longtime customers. Her family lost the lottery so now they come out of Dave's. Goodhues offered the spaces to new customers with the purchase of a new boat. It's the same mentality everywhere...out with the old in with the new. Just like flushing a toilet.

Ride the wave or wipeout.
mowtorman is offline   Reply With Quote